Friday, September 25, 2015

Biscuits and Sick babies

I thought we were getting over our cold, but I woke up feeling awful and D woke up with an awful cough, and just looking pretty pitiful this morning.

 When I asked about breakfast he said he wanted biscuits, and when a sick baby ask for something, you give it to them! So I made some wonderfully fluffy biscuits, which he's eaten 2 of so far. Obviously his appetite is not lacking this morning.


This recipe calls for buttermilk, which I never buy. It's so easy to make your own! For each cup of milk, you add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. You can let it sit out for about 5 minutes, or I pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and voila, buttermilk. 


Drop Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt

Mix all your dry ingredients

1 cup buttermilk (see note above about making your own)
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix buttermilk and butter together before mixing with dry ingredients


Heat oven to 450*. Using a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop biscuits onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. 
Serve warm with lots of butter!


Happy Eating! 
Kay

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you and my sweet baby boy aren't feeling well. Take it as easy today as you can and hopefully this is the worst you will feel.

    ReplyDelete