Thursday, September 24, 2015

Let's try this again...

I had a blog started with a few post  on another site, but it's been down for a few days so I decided to just start one elsewhere. So here ya go. If I can ever get the other site to load I will move those posts over here if I haven't already redone them.

D and I have been getting over a cold this week, so have been keeping at home. It seems like we are both finally feeling better so maybe we can have a little fun this weekend. He's been talking about picnics, so maybe we can make it over to the park down the street for one. He's made me watch Beauty and the Beast 3 times today, I'm ready to go outside for a bit!

Tonight's dinner is Sweet Tea Fried Chicken , our chicken won't be quite as crispy as I forgot we were out of cornstarch, but it should still be tasty. I normally don't make the syrup but I think tonight I'm going to give it a try. We are also having Jalapeno (well I am!) and Bacon Mac & Cheese, Corn Nuggets and maybe Onion Straws. We have leftover Chocolate Cupcakes or leftover Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. The cake recipe comes from a recipe my dad uses, its amazingly moist and not to sweet. It doesn't need icing, and its a quick bake.




Dad's Chocolate Cake 


  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2/3 cup oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs

  • Heat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour pans. Mix all ingredients until moistened. Pour batter into pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.


In the words of my 2 year old, 

It's a great day!

Kay 

No comments:

Post a Comment