Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Date Night

When money is on the tighter end, we try to have date nights at home. We take turns (or work together) cooking a nice meal and either watch a movie or play a game together. Tonight we collaborated on dinner. Scott made Baked Mahi, and I made Zea's Grits. ( I couldn't find yellow grits, so I used 3 cups of instant white grits, and it wasn't exact, but it was pretty good and I don't like grits!)


He baked the mahi on a roasting pan with lemon slices, lime juice, italian dressing and water in the bottom pan. The fish was seasoned with butter, green onion, lemon zest, paprika, black pepper, cavendars and red pepper flakes. He covered it with foil and baked for 20 minutes.



I tried tweaking my sugar cookie recipe, to add Wowbutter (soybutter) but they did not turn out good AT ALL. I'm not sure what happened, but they were crumbly and tasted like flour. Thankfully we had some chocolate cake batter left, so we made cupcakes again!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for ya'll making the effort to have date night even when money is tight. Some of my favorite dates with dad are at home ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer being in pjs than dressing up LOL

    ReplyDelete