Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Laundry...The never ending story

I LOATHE LAUNDRY. It has got to be my least favorite chore in the world. I'd almost be willing to give up my dishwasher (which I adore) to never have to do laundry again. Part of my issue is we don't have a washer/dryer in our apartment. It cost way to much to use our laundry facilities at our complex, and honestly their machines don't work half the time so we lose money. Luckily I get to spend days at my parents house or my sister who lives  2 seconds away doing laundry but then nothing else gets done because I'm not home. 

I procrastinate like no one else when it comes to laundry. We will have nothing clean in the house before I get to it. Which makes the problem worse. Today I get to tackle this mess because I was out yesterday doing dr visits for D and never got around to it. I spent the whole morning scrubbing the kitchen, baking, anything to not touch this pile. 

the ugly truth

I made Donut Muffins for breakfast. D will not eat donuts (what the heck kid?!) but he loves these. He will eat a million of them, and I don't even put sugar on his usually. 
Fresh out of the oven

Normally I just butter the tops and roll them in plain sugar, but today I decided to give D a little treat (and go figure, he wants plain instead)

Sprinkles and Green Sugar


These freeze really well, which make a great quick breakfast for my husband on his way to work. I find they reheat better in the oven, but he's fine with popping them in the microwave before he leaves. They also store in an airtight container for a few days in the pantry. 


Donut Muffins
*I double this recipe so I can freeze some.*

3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

melted butter for brushing top
sugar for rolling top (or sprinkles, chocolate whatever you'd like! they are also really good without anything)

Heat oven to 350*. Grease your muffin pan. 
In a large bowl, mix your egg and sugar until pale yellow color. 
In a smaller bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into your egg mixture and combine well. Add in oil, milk and vanilla. 
I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour my batter into muffin pan. 
Bake for about 15-20 minutes (depending on how dark you want your tops) until fully cooked. 
Melt butter, brush over tops and roll in sugar. 
Cool before eating. 

Have a great day!
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment