Monday, October 12, 2015

Festivals and Pumpkins

My in-laws came in this last weekend for a visit. We had dinner together Friday night after they arrived, and Saturday we went to a local festival, and then took a trip to the local pumpkin patch. 

The festival was held at a park, so D got to go play for a bit, and of course we ATE. Crawfish Ettouffee Stuffed Potato, Beignets, Jambalaya. Delicious. There was Cajun music, and dancing. 

The local children's museum had a section set up for the kids to make a "washboard". D had a blast making one, and I think its a craft we could easily replicate at the house with friends.


Our pumpkin patch is set up at a church, and they have photo opportunities set up throughout for you to take pictures, so we got MIL to go with us, so she could take some family pictures. There are never any pictures of me, because I'm always taking them! We also picked up a pumpkin while we were there.



Last night I made Roasted Sweet Potato and Sausage "hash" to go along with some Chicken we grilled with Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, Edamame and some Mexican Corn Muffins I froze a few weeks ago for dinner.

Tonight we roasted a pumpkin, and I'm making Pumpkin Bisque, with Candied Bacon and Roasted pumpkin seeds, to go along with some Spicy/Sweet glazed Pork Sausage, S is making. Hopefully the soup turns out great and I can come back to share with you how I did it. 

                                          Hope you are having a great Monday!
                                                             Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment