Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Trick or Treat

Last year we took D (almost 1.5 at the time) trick or treating with some friends. We decided last minute to go, so we didn't have a costume. He was into Handy Manny at the time, so we just tossed on a pair of jeans, plaid shirt and a tool belt with a few toy hammers and called it a day. 

A few weeks ago, I found a Wilson (Chuggington) costume but D won't let me put it on him, so no clue what we will end up doing this year. We live on an end building of our apartment complex so no one can see any decorations so we don't put anything out, and no one trick or treats here so we will have to  go out someplace. A few neighborhoods around here do a whole trick or treat thing for the kids, so we may try to go to one of those. Our zoo also does a big Halloween party. I can't wait to be in a house so we can decorate and do it big!

Since I don't have any decorations of my own to share, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites I found from Pinterest. 


I just requested a few of these from the library to read to D. 

I absolutely love this. I think we may do this if I can find a decent white pumpkin. When I looked for pumpkins this weekend to carve with friends they were not in good shape at all. And I don't know that I've ever actually seen a white pumpkin at any of our grocery stores. Hoping to make a trip to the pumpkin patch this weekend and maybe find one there. 


This is beautiful! I've thought about letting D just paint on a pumpkin (obviously I can't give him a hair dryer LOL) 
This next project is just too ridiculously cute! We currently only have colored popsicle sticks, but I'm really thinking of doing this craft with D anyways! I think it will give it more character. 

Haunted House

These finger puppets go along with a book listed above
Time to pull out the felt and get to work making these! 
There are so many cute and tasty sounding treats on pinterest. I hope to make a few over the next couple of weeks as snacks for D. Eventually I hope to be able to have a small Halloween party and include some of these. 

                                            
                                                             Have a safe and Happy Halloween! 

                                                                             Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment