Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lunch Date

Years ago, I worked on a food truck making wraps. I loved it. I have a history of working in  food establishments that made wraps and sandwiches, so I'm pretty good at rolling them up if I do say so myself!  My mom's best friend was in visiting from Texas this week, and requested Shrimp Wraps so I went over yesterday and made lunch for us.






A few weeks ago, my parents bought 50 lbs of shrimp and mom and I cleaned it all and put it all in the freezer to be able to use over the next few months. It took us all day to get it all cleaned and bagged up, and we ended up with 21 lbs of shrimp and many bags of shells for stock. 

I started with 2 lbs of shrimp, seasoned them up with some Cajun spice blend and sauteed them in a little olive oil. I also made a remoulade sauce, which is a french condiment normally served with seafood. I didn't measure anything for my sauce, you just taste as you go. I served this in a spinach wrap, I love the flavored wraps, they add an extra layer of flavor. 

We had lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado in our wraps as well. 

Remoulade : Mayo, Ketchup, Spicy Mustard, chives, green onions, and parsley and cayenne. Some people put horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, capers, hot sauce. It's a very simple and flavorful sauce. And that's saying something because I hate ketchup and mustard! 

J made us some yummy fruit salad to go with our wraps. Crushed Pineapple, sliced peaches, mandarin oranges, sliced strawberries and bananas. The "sauce" is peach pie filling. Top with whipped cream and it's so good. You can use any fruit you want.




No comments:

Post a Comment